March 7, 2017
10 facts you probably didn’t know about Nissan 0
Nissan, Nissan – our favourite Japanese car maker (alongside Toyota). Synonymous with affordability, technology and reliability. Where would we be without them? For those who feel like broadening their knowledge on the subject of Nissan – here are a few choice facts.
- Nissan was founded in 1933; the company has its headquarters situated in Nishi-ku, Yokohoma, in Japan.
- Nissan was known by the brand name ‘Datsun’ earlier in its life. Nissan cars sold before bore the same name.
- Nissan has been in a successful partnership with the French car manufacturer Renault, as part of the deal both have shares invested in each other, with Renault having a higher share in Nissan that Nissan does in Renault.
- The company’s efficient Nissan VQ engines have frequently topped best engine polls the world over.
- Carlos Ghoshn is the company’s CEO and Chairman, while Toshiyuki Shiga is President and COO.
- In 1911, the company had a different name. It was known as The Kwaishinsha Motor Car Works.
- The DAT was the company’s first production car.
- The Altima hybrid prototype was launched in 2004 as part of collaboration with Toyota.
- Nissan released its first electric cars onto the market in 2010.
- Nissan first started operations on foreign soil in 1950. It now operates in most countries worldwide.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!