March 6, 2017
Some things you probably didn’t know about Toyota 0
One of the behemoths of the car industry, over the past few decades Toyota has long been either the world’s biggest seller, or a close second on the list. With a sizable back catalogue, there have been many Toyotas over the years (of varying quality). Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about Japan’s car giant.
- Toyota was founded in 1937.
- Toyota has created 3,800 jobs in the United Kingdom.
- The Toyota Prius is sold in more than 70 countries and regions.
- Toyota’s founder’s name is spelled T-O-Y-O-D-A.
- The first cars launched by Lexus were the LS 400 and the ES 250.
- It takes a Camry V6, 190 feet of test track to stop from 70 mph.
- Eight vehicles manufactured by Toyota won the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study.
- Toyota started by making automated looms in 1924. The profits were later used to invest in automobile production.
- The Toyota Supra was in production from 1978 to 2002.
- Scion was founded in 2002.
- Eighty percent of Toyotas sold 20 years ago are still on the road today.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!